Nissan Trading Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the "Company") recognizes that the proper management and protection of personal information is a basis of its business activities and a social responsibility. In order for customers to use the Company's services with peace of mind, the Company has built a personal information management system, makes it known to all employees of and related parties, and implements and operates it.
- 1. Personal Information Acquisition, Use, and Provision
- The Company clearly stipulates personal information usage purposes, and, within the scope of these usage purposes, the Company acquires, uses, and provisions personal information with the consent of the individual themselves.
- 2. Compliance with Laws and Regulations
- The Company complies with laws and regulations regarding the handling of personal information, with guidelines set by the government, and with other norms.
- 3. Personal Information Security Management
- The Company strives to prevent the leakage, loss, or damage, etc. of personal information and takes necessary and appropriate corrective measures.
- 4. Personal Information-Related Inquiries
- The Company will promptly and appropriately respond to complaints and inquiries from customers about personal information.
- 5. Continuous Improvement of the Personal Information Protection and Management System
- The company continuously maintains and improves its personal information management system by formulating, operating, and managing a management system that takes into consideration international trends related to the protection of personal information.
Nissan Trading Co., Ltd.
Representative Director and CEO, Takeshi Ishii
Personal Information Handled by Nissan Trading Co., Ltd.
Nissan Trading Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the "Company") recognizes that protecting the personal information of all individuals (hereinafter referred to as "people") who provide personal information to the Company is an important responsibility, and strives to protect personal information by establishing a personal information handling policy as follows.
Personal Information Management
In order to prevent the leakage, loss, or damage, etc. of personal information, the Company strives to implement appropriate safety control measures for and to protect the personal information held by the Company in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, related ministerial ordinances, other guidelines, and the Company's internal rules. Additionally, the Company strives to educate its officers and employees on the proper handling of personal information and strives to do its utmost to protect personal information.
Name of Business Handling Personal Information
Nissan Trading Co., Ltd.
Name of Personal Information Manager
Information Security Committee Chairperson
Personal Information Acquisition and Usage Purposes
- 1.When the Company collects personal information, the Company will do so by appropriate means that are based on the spirit of legal compliance. Additionally, if the Company intends to acquire personal information and directly provide it from the individual either in writing or via the internet, then the Company will specify the personal information usage purpose. However, if the usage purpose is clear from the situation at the time the personal information is provided, then the Company may omit specifying the usage purpose.
- 2.The Company will use personal information within the necessary scope to achieve the usage purposes listed in the "List of the Company's Businesses and Usage Purposes."
- 3.Personal information acquired before the enactment of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (on or before March 31, 2005) and stored in the Company's databases will continue to be used for the above usage purposes.
- 4.When the Company takes over a business and acquires personal information due to a merger, spin-off, or business transfer, etc., then the Company will use this personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the usage purposes that consent was obtained for from the individual themselves, or for the usage purposes that were notified of or announced from before the take over.
- 5.In the case that "when required by law," "for the protection of human life, bodies, or property," or "for cooperation with national institutions, etc." is applicable, then, even if it is outside of the scope of the above usage purposes, the Company may collect and use personal information without prior consent.
Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
The Company will not provide personal information to third parties except in the following cases.
- 1.When the consent of the individual themself is obtained in advance.
- 2.When outsourcing to a subcontractor, that the Company appropriately supervises, in order to achieve the usage purposes.
- 3.When personal information is acquired for the purpose of providing it to a third party and the purpose, data items that will be provided, the methods by which they will be provided, and the entity to be contacted for requesting a suspension of use of personal data is easily notified or known.
- 4.When it is necessary to protect the life, body, or property of an individual and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual themself.
- 5.When the provision of personal information is ordered by a judicial or administrative agency based on laws and regulations.
- 6.When the Company takes over personal information due to a merger, spin-off, or business transfer, etc.
Personal Information Disclosure, Correction, and Suspension of Use
The Company will appropriately respond when there is a request for the disclosure or correction, etc. from an individual or from the individual's agent regarding the personal information held by the Company.
The method for requesting disclosures or corrections, etc. is as follows.
Contact the "Information Security Committee / Secretariat" below.
Tel. No.: 050-3360-5790
- (1)The Company will confirm the content of your inquiry and will send you an invoice for the disclosure or correction, etc.
*In this case, the Company will ask for your name and address, etc. in order to send you an invoice and billing method information, etc. for the disclosure or correction, etc.
- (2)After the invoice for the disclosure or correction, etc. arrives, fill in the required items on the invoice, enclose documents to confirm your identity, and mail it to the address stated in the invoice.
*Documents to Confirm Identity: Driver's license copy, certificate of residence copy, etc. (These documents will be safely and appropriately disposed of as soon as handling of the request has been completed.)
*You will be responsible for handling fees, copy fees, and mailing fees for obtaining the identity verification documents at government agencies, etc.
- (3)The Company will reply to you in writing within two weeks after receiving the above documents.
Note that the Company may not be able to respond to your request if any of the following apply.
- (1)When the Company cannot confirm that you are the individual themself or a legitimate agent of the individual
- (2)When a request is made for the disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, suspension of use, erasure, or suspension of provision to a third party, etc. of personal information that does not fall under the personal information that is subject to disclosure by the Company (Note 1).
(Note 1)Personal information that is subject to disclosure is personal information that is a collection of information that is systemically structured so that it can be searched by using a computer, or is personal information that is a collection of information that is systemically structured by organizing, classifying, or adding a table of contents, index, or sign, etc. according to certain rules so that it can be easily searched. The Company has the right to respond to all requests by the individual themself for disclosure, for correction of content, for addition or deletion, for suspension of use, for erasure, or for the suspension of provision to third parties.
Personal information subject to disclosure by the Company is marked with a "◎" symbol in the "List of the Company's Businesses and Usage Purposes."
- 3.When there is a risk that the disclosure of personal information subject to disclosure by the Company may harm the life, body, property, or other rights and interests of the individual or of a third party
- 4.When there is a risk that the disclosure of personal information subject to disclosure by the Company may significantly hinder the proper execution of the Company's businesses
- 5.When the disclosure of personal information subject to disclosure by the Company will violate other laws and regulations
- 6.When a request is made for the correction, addition, or deletion, etc. of personal information subject to disclosure by the Company and when that correction, addition, or deletion is not necessary for the usage purposes or when the request is different from facts
- 7.When any of the above 3., 4., or 5. applies to a request for the suspension of use, deletion, or suspension of provision to a third party of personal information that is subject to disclosure by the Company
- 8.When there is a request for the suspension of use, etc. of personal information subject to disclosure by the Company, and when it is difficult to suspend usage of the personal information, and when the rights and interests of the individual can be protected by alternative means.
The Company may revise this "Personal Information Handling" in response to changes in the usage purposes, safety improvements, or revisions of related laws, regulations, and norms. The Company recommends that customers periodically confirm this information on the Company's website.
Shared Usage of Personal Information
Scope of Shared Usage
Based on Article 23 Paragraph 4 Item 3 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, the Company will engage in the shared usage of personal information as follows.
|Scope of Shared Usage Users||The Company may share customers' personal information with the following individuals or entities.*1
|Shared Usage Purposes||
|Shared Usage Information Items||
|Shared Usage Manager||
*1The Company shares customers' personal information only with those businesses that are within the necessary scope for the shared usage purposes, and will not necessarily share customers' personal information with all retail electric power companies or with all general electric power companies.
*2Retail electric power companies do not fall under the grounds for refusal of registration that are stipulated in Article 2-5 Paragraph 1 of the Electricity Business Act (Act No. 170 of July 11, 1964), and refers to the companies that are listed in the list of registered retail electric power companies that is posted on the website of the Agency for Natural Resources and Energy
*3The term "general electric power company" refers to Hokkaido Electric Power Co., Inc., Tohoku Electric Power Co., Inc., Tokyo Electric Power Co., Inc., Chubu Electric Power Co., Inc., Hokuriku Electric Power Co., Inc., Kansai Electric Power Co., Inc., Chugoku Electric Power Co., Inc., Shikoku Electric Power Co., Inc., Kyushu Electric Power Co., Inc., and Okinawa Electric Power Co., Inc.
*4"Abolition of Retail Supply, etc. Contracts" refers to a retail electric power company that has received an application from a customer for a new Retail Supply, etc. Contract, and, through the switching support system, on behalf of the customer applies for the cancellation of the Retail Supply, etc. Contract with the customer's existing retail electric power company.